Program name (donor) Erzbischöfliches Ordinariat Bamberg
Project name Responsibility for the Creation and women of the Carpathians
Sector Environmental education and upbringing
Project area Ukraine
Project duration 01.01.2022 – 31.12.2023
The aim of the project is to create a network of active women’s movement responsible for Creation – the nature of the Carpathians and increase the cohesion of religious communities during social transformations in Ukraine and Central Europe against the background of environmental and epidemic threats in the world.
The project aims to strengthen the gender competence and influence of women in the Church as a special social group and multipliers for the formation of environmental culture and the deepening of environmental awareness. Strengthening the active role of women will draw the attention of social groups in rural areas to the protection of the environment and climate and will contribute to the sustainable development of the project region, as well as create conditions for multiplying the unique experience of the network.
- Involvement in the work of responsibility for the Creation of the most active believers – especially women as a holistic movement;
- Optimizing the work of the Church at the level of parishes and expanding the influence of the Church at the level of territorial communities;
- Establishing contacts and cooperation with environmental NGOs and scientific organizations based on Christian values;
- Prepare conditions for the launch of the institute of eco-referents in the Mukachevo Greek Catholic Eparchy and the Roman Catholic Church in Ukraine to spread this experience further;
- Strengthen the consolidation of communities of believers and all people of good will for responsibility for Creation and help in caring for one’s neighbor and for Nature.