Twinning-Contest of mini-projects “Responsibility for Creation among schoolchildren in the low-lying and mountain regions of Transcarpathia” (hereinafter – Contest) is held by the Institute of Ecological and Religious Studies (IERS) under the auspices of FEST (Protestant Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Heidelberg, Germany) – Forschungsstätte der Evangelischa.udi.eme (FEST) Institut für interdisziplinäre Forschung) in cooperation with Syunik-Development NGO (Armenia) within the framework of the international project “Environmental Education and Awareness Building in Vayots Dzor Region of Armenia and in Zakarpatia Region of Ukraine” in Transcarpathia, with the support of the Ecological Agency Dessau (Umwelt agency Dessay).
The reason for the Contest is our belief that
humankind is responsible for the state of the environment as a result of its
actions and inaction, which on a global scale poses a risk to humanity and the
world. Continued efforts are needed to preserve the environment and develop a
viable solution to the problem. Everybody needs to be involved in solving
environmental problems, but we have special hopes for the younger generations.
The challenge we face is difficult, but it can be solved by our adequate
actions or by abandoning them. Both in schools and in church parishes and
associations, as well as in institutions and enterprises, a large number of
significant initiatives and specific measures are taken to promote the
environment and the Contest is one of them.
The Organizing Committee of the Contest is sincerely invited to participate and creatively express its position on the issue of environmental protection and to respond to it in the results of their own creativity, for the best of which the participants will receive valuable awards and prizes.
– Literary work (project idea, story, essay, fairy tale, poem); Picture; Photo; Video.
CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
• We invite
students, active young people and all goodwill to participate in the Contest,
who share our concern for responsibility for God’s Creation – Nature.
• The competition can be held in different age groups.
• Prizes are awarded for each nomination.
FOR SUBMITTED WORKS
– Works in Literary nomination (project idea, story, essay, fairy tale, poem)
• must be in electronic and hard copy.
• be at least one sheet of A4 size (MS Word in doc / docx format, font – Times New Roman, 12, space – one and a half, margins – normal)
• no more than 4 poems, no more than two stories, no more than two essays are accepted from one author;
• Scanned materials submitted as images are not accepted.
– Works in the nomination “Drawing”:
• must be made in pencil, watercolor, gouache, pastel, oil, mascara within the last year;
• the volume of work is not less than 30×40 cm and not more than 50×70 cm;
• works do not have passports and frames;
• works have fields with a width of at least 0.5 cm;
• The reverse side of the work must include: surname, name, age of the author, telephone for communication with parents, name of the picture.
– Works in the category “Photography”:
• can be staged or filmed under natural conditions;
• must be submitted electronically in JPG format;
• the volume of one work should not exceed 5 MB.
– Works in Video nomination:
• genre choice is not limited: documentary, motion picture, animation clip, etc.
• Shooting can be done using either a mobile phone or a photo or video camera;
• mp4, avi file extension.
Each work submitted for the Contest should be accompanied by a short description (up to 700 characters) that reveals the main idea of the author. In addition, the following information should be provided: job title, author information (name, age, contact telephone number, mailing address, e-mail), as well as (if necessary) surname, full name of the teacher, full name of the academic institution, its address.
Each author can submit work in several nominations.
Submissions that do not meet these requirements are not accepted for the Contest.
DATE OF THE COMPETITION
– Contest period from September 1 to October 31, 2019.
– Contest entries must be sent to the e-mail addresses listed before November 15, 2019, marked “Twinning-Contest of mini-projects”.
– The evaluation of the works and the awarding of the awards should take place by mid-November.
SUMMING UP OF THE COMPETITION
– Winners of the Contest are awarded with certificates and gifts.
– The results of the competition will be published on the sites http://www.ie-rs.org/, http://ircef.org/ and the sites of the partner organizations of the project.
The best idea of ecological project, submitted by participants will be realized in the next year.
The works must be submitted to the office of IERS by 15.11.2019. Contact person – Bilanich Mychail 050-709-65-67 and Maria Shetelya. Tel. 0971773204.